November 18, 2008

Some Recent Work

Well, I started these pieces in the summer. That is I applied wax as a resist, then applied diluted blue dye with a foam brush. A month of so later, I ironed out the wax, then the three pieces of paper sat in my studio for several more months. Well to be honest there were four, I made several awful mistakes on one piece, leaving three.

After I ironed out the wax I totally lost control and did the very baroque piece, gradually I just followed what the design told me to do. That was very satisfying. I hope you enjoy them and welcome any comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: