November 18, 2008

STANDARD POODLES RULE


This is a photo of Asher. The most wonderful companion a person could ever have. His original family could not take him to the retirement community and they gave him up to St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center in Madison, NJ. I worked there at the time and as Asher was an older dog (8 1/2 years old) he might have been difficult to place. But I was lucky lucky lucky. I think people who live with Standard Poodles know this. They lean on you. It looks wonderful and feels even more wonderful. I miss him still. Anyone who adopts an older dog is getting a treat.

1 comment:

Judy said...

We are fortunate enough to live under the same roof with Barker, a beautiful white Standard Poodle who just turned 6. We adopted him from the Breeder when he was 2. They had saved him to use for stud, but then his feet got 'too big' for the standard.........I'm so glad he has big feet!

They are the best dogs, and I am sorry that it took me so many years to learn that, but I'm glad that I finally saw the light!