August 28, 2008

Thoughts on the Democratic Convention

I'm not one to watch conventions, and I really wanted Hillary to be the nominee, but that didn't happen. I've been watching this one, and it's not so awful. John Kerry and Joe Biden spoke well and truthfully about John McCain. It's interesting that there were two speeches saying that Obama would pass health care for everyone when I think that wasn't the plan he put forth, at least not last time I looked. I'd be happy if everyone could get health care. It's a major worry. Health care is so important. I'm reminded of that whenever I think of people outside major metropolitan areas. Not that there aren't terrible doctors all over, but if there are many doctors to choose from you can always go somewhere else. If you're in a rural area you're stuck with the one awful doctor. I know this doesn't have to do with being covered, but I thought I'd just throw it in anyway.

No comments: